Monday, May 28, 2012


Motherboard Component Repair



[postlink]http://786world-topthings.blogspot.com/2012/05/motherboard-component-repair.html[/postlink]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TrbD94QLQ

Motherboard Component Repair
I've had it with the stupid comments. If that's your game, just go away. Save me the trouble of deleting your garbage. For those of you want to see an example of a motherboard repair, stay tuned!

I picked this computer up from its owners to repair it and heard a rattle. Turns out the motherboard had shed its northbridge heatsink, which will cause problems.

I actually managed to *find* that stupid little clip in the case and solder it back on. This video details the fix and its effectiveness. I don't think there has been any lasting damage.

After booting Memtest, I booted a minimal version of Knoppix Live Linux on CD (as I only had 650MB CD-RW blanks handy) and that ran fine as well.
Category:
Science & Technology
Tags:
computer motherboard repair HP Pavilion a736n Asus K8S-LA Salmon board electronics soldering

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...